Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Speeding in December

When is getting pulled for speeding a good thing? Especially on a day when you are already late for work? For a meeting? Until this morning I would have said never. Not in a million years. After all, I have a history of getting speeding tickets in December. Usually in Georgia. On Christmas Eve.

I would have been wrong.

Getting pulled over for speeding is just fine when the police office in question is a mid-twenties muscle man who could moonlight as a male model. Who was then sweet enough to flash a killer smile and let me go with a warning to slow down and a wish for a happy holiday.

Yes, I was still late for the meeting. But I really didn't care. It set the tone for the entire day. It proved to me that even scary/upsetting/annoying things can end up just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment